Monday, September 1, 2008

Back From Burning Man







It was a bit challenging this year. First, Susanne get some stomach thing and we leave a day late. Then Wednesday evening I drink something I thought was fresh and realize later it was probably sitting around all day, so Thursday I was sick (all day). Friday was good, but Saturday morning the winds started blowing sand round quite fiercely, and after seven hours of this, I had enough. So we put everything away while wearing goggles and masks, and left with minimum to zero visibility out to the highway. Took about an hour to go only a few miles on flat ground. Later they had to close the exit gate because a several fender benders. Had to be fun to find those people and help them out. Usually the sand storms only last for a short time, then clear up. Not on Saturday. The burning of the man was postponed because of the winds.

Still, it was great. Great art and good friends.

3 comments:

RWP said...

Sorry to hear about the sand storm. I know that had to be a bummer, but might I say you look really happy in those pictures. I am really glad too. Glad you two are both healthy again!

Celeste Bergin said...

wow..what a lot of ordeals...and yet those photographs are just fantastic! Good work on the route 66 body art and thanks for sharing the photos. So sublimely unusual!

bullwinkle said...

Thanks Celeste, the young lady with the pink Cadillac on her chest is my dentist.