Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas Cards


Every year I prepare a limited edition holiday card, sometimes before Christmas, sometimes after. This was the art for this year's card, a limited edition of 125 plus 10 artists proofs. It is titled "My Little Chickadee", inspired by W.C. Fields. The Mountain Chickadee is often called the "Cheeseburger" bird by Tahoe locals, because it's whistle sounds like it's saying "cheese-bur-ger". Three notes, going up on the first, then descend on the other two. Though I consider myself a local, I just found out about this rare fact recently. No, I am not going insane with "cabin fever".

2 comments:

RWP said...

I don't seem to recall that little bit of trivia either. Good to know! I like the art.

Celeste Bergin said...

I enjoyed learning about the sound of the Chickadee.
What a nice little painting! I hope to see many more paintings by you during 2009.