Saturday, December 27, 2008

Jackie Collins

Bought a new Jackie Collins book today. A continuation of her Lucky
Santangelo series. How can a guy resist buying a book from such a
gorgeous author? Sexist?; probably so. She does have a unique style.

My favorite author died recently, and I have read all his books. Tony
Hillerman wrote murder mysteries about the Navajo Tribal Police, and
infuses a lot of the Navajo culture into the books. He will be missed,
and his cast of characters will be frozen in time.

2 comments:

Katherine van Schoonhoven said...

I, too, will miss Tony Hillerman. His stories of the Southwest make me long for the arid landscapes and red earth of that area. It is one of my favorite places to travel.

bullwinkle said...

I'm especially going to miss Jim Chee as he progresses through his new married life. Amazing how we can become attached to the fictional characters.