Thursday, April 9, 2009

The '49ers

On the road today for business and decided to spend the night enroute
since it's raining and I won't be through with my appointment until
after 8pm. Staying in a Gold Rush era hotel (1851) in a little town
off the main road. Very quaint with a sign down the street that says
"parking for Harley-Davidson's only. Back to Lake Tahoe tomorrow. This
town really feels old. Makes me feel young. No shopping centers or
Statbucks. Bathroom is across the hall from the room. Will find out
about ghosts tonight.

2 comments:

RWP said...

Dude where are you? That place looks really neat, especially with the fresh coat of rain! Looks like a neat place to escape too every now and then. Oh, hey, I got a raise and have another salary review in 3 months. Things are going well!

How are you and Suzanne (sp?) doing?

bullwinkle said...

Susanne and I are doing fine. Getting ready for Route 66 next week. The town is Mokelumne Hills. I think that is Indian for "cute little town in the foothills".