Sunday, April 13, 2008

Road Trip '08: Overview

This was a whirlwind road trip. We started with camping and photography in Death Valley, visiting in Las Vegas, Phoenix and Tucson. The details will follow. The trip was broken up between destinations with Dan Brown's "Angels and Demons" on the iPod. It is the unabridged version with over 18 hours. Great (audio) book! Stayed at Hampton Inns when not camping or staying at a private residence.

The price of gas was a bit of a shocker, so I'm sure road trips in general are diminishing. Even heard the motorcycle riders complaining, and they get great mileage. We took the Subaru, so that helped. Overall, though, it was a great trip. Also good weather prevailed everyday.

In retrospect, the camping element should have been separate, unless you plan on camping along the way. The camping equipment takes up a lot of the extra space in the car. But it was fun to do.

The downside of the trip was my will power flying out the window as I drove along and visited. Allow me to take this opportunity to announce I have returned to my diet with a vengance.

No comments: