Sunday, March 30, 2008

Road Trip

Taking off on a road trip Tuesday morning. First stop will be Furnace Creek campgrounds in Death Valley. Will spend until Friday morning there as part of a Landscape Photography class through Lake Tahoe Community College. Probably won't learn much photography since I'm already a "know it all", but hoping to find some choice spots to shoot from. More about this later. From there, it's over to Nevada and down to Las Vegas. There I will meet with Ron Donoho, a leading expert and collector of antique western law badges. He helped me with a college project back in '75, so thought I would thank him again. Then down to Phoenix to meet up with an old friend who will be at an art show in Carefree for the weekend showing his bronze sculptures. Will also hopefully hook up with another old friend who I use to work with back in San Diego. Then, down to Tucson to hook up with Sally, the person that put together the Colorado River rafting trip last year through the Grand Canyon. While there, another friend from the Air Force will let me "fly" a jet simulator. I use to instruct on a jet simulator in the old, pre-college days in the Navy. Got a feeling it will be like comparing an ox cart to a Corvette. Speaking of Corvettes, would like to drive mine, but taking too much stuff. Should be heading back to Tahoe after that, taking it easy along the way and enjoying the scenery (as long as I'm back by 4/13). That's a lot in less than two weeks.

1 comment:

RWP said...

Have fun! Aitor says "Hi".