Friday, May 23, 2008

Memorial Day weekend


Well, here it is Friday morning before the big Memorial Day weekend. The ground is covered with about an inch of new snow, though it will probably be gone pretty quick. This is the time when Lake Tahoe officially announces the beginning of the tourist season. Bring heavy jackets and tire chains.

Memorial Day is usually filled with hiking, boating, camping and picnics. However, least we forget, it is also the time to remember those that gave, and continue to give their lives for our country. Or for whatever country we happen to be fighting for or in.

2 comments:

Katherine van Schoonhoven said...

Hey, John! Thanks for your comment. Do you get much traffic on your blog? Your murals look great! Katherine

bullwinkle said...

Katherine, I get some response from friends and relatives, but not as many as I would like from "new" friends, like you. Hoping to see more of your work as well. I love working with pastels, and get all fired up after receiving and reading the latest issue of "The Pastel Journal", the only art magazine I subscribe to.
The murals, however, pay the bills.
I'm also trying to get a friend, also in Washington, to start a blog. She is a fellow mural and faux finish artist, and is going through breast cancer right now. I think a blog is a great way of expressing your feeling (kinda like I'm doing right now).