Monday, July 21, 2008

Creeping Charlie

Ever think about something from your past, then become obsessed with
wanting to re-create it? Such is the case with my new Creeping
Charlie, a plant I fondly remember from the '70's. Use to feed it cold
coffee (pre-microwave days). Decided I wanted another one recently,
only to find out they are not as popular anymore, and difficult to buy.

I was in a home recently that was still living the '70's, and I knew
there was probably a Charlie somewhere. Sure enough, one was in the
bathroom along with a few other vintage friends. The owner gave me a
clipping after hearing my quest, and it appears to becoming along nicely.
I was ready to order one from eBay, which would have been shipped
directly to me. Since my studio is only a block from the Calif.
Agricultural Inspection station, I would have felt like a criminal had
I done that. This makes it all legal, and I can sleep soundly.

Interestingly, most of the online sites regarding Creeping Charlie's
is on how to kill them. They are actually a ground cover, and will
quickly take over if you let them. Mine will stay in a pot(s).

1 comment:

Dreame said...

Obsession is the part of my personality I'm trying to kill. Now, thanks to your post, I realize I can just contain it in a pot:)Growing things is good.