Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Ceilings

Well, I'm on the road again and this time it includes a ceiling. It's a small, circular shaped ceiling that will (hopefully) look like the inside of a dome. A bit of a challenge. There are also two fireplaces involved. Not going to be giving progress pictures this time as I've already made major changes on the first day. Also tough on the neck. Might take some pictures, but we'll see.

This week I'm staying in a hotel. It is The Hawthorn Suites in Gold River. They are owned by Hyatt and it is a nice property. Got it for $59 per night through Expedia.com. Nice large room with separate seating area and a small kitchen with stove, refrigerator and dish washer. Guess I could cook in the room, but there is also a full breakfast downstairs included.

Took some pastels along last week and never touched them. Guess I was totally wrapped up in the job. Didn't bring any this time, but may wish I had. Life is full of internal conflict. Doing a photo oriented road trip next week, but should I take along something to draw with? Don't know yet, but may take some pastels. The photo part of the trip involves Death Valley which could also have some great drawing possibilities. Let me think about it.

No comments: