Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Amazed

Is it just me, or are we living in some pretty fantastic times? Today, about noon, I finished one of the four jobs I've been working on. So I went out to the truck, picked up a digital camera and my laptop, then took a picture of my work. I then emailed it to the client to confirm I was done. They have more work to do in the booth by their own crews. Anyway, it took about five minutes to take the picture and send the email. I know you can also do it on some phones (not mine), but I am still amazed we can do that. In the old days, when a client called to ask how I was doing on their job (graphic design), we (most all graphic designers) all told a white lie and said fine, "I'll come by your office in the morning". Then we would actually start the project and work all night. This was in the 70's, before the fax. The fax machine started making us more honest. We could always stall sending a fax of the job, you know, "The fax machine is temporarily down". My first fax was in 1989.

Second amazing thing is the ability to listen to radio stations around the world while you type in your blog. I am currently listening to ANET, a radio station in Antartica. It's a blues station. Why Antartica? Why not? Because I can. Earlier I was listening to FM2, a contemporary music station in Dublin, Ireland.

1 comment:

Dreame said...

It is amazing...and that's a great attitude...open...daring... welcoming the future rather than running from it.